Date(s) - 08/16/2017
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
John McIntire Library
The Muskingum County Library System and Mission Oaks are partnering to offer an opportunity for local photographers of any skill level to learn more about photography and the Mission Oaks Photography Calendar.
Below is more information about the Mission Oaks Photography show and calendar:
The 2017 Mission Oaks Calendar will showcase the talent of local photographers, the natural beauty of Mission Oaks, and generate funds to ensure Mission Oaks remains incredible for generations to come.
Rules for Submission:
- Deadline for submissions: Sunday, September 3, 2017, by Midnight
- Photographs must be taken at Mission Oaks and be considered nature photography (no people or wildlife as the primary subject matter)
- Photographs must be at least 8MP (approximately 3264 x 2448 pixels) and cannot be enlarged to meet submission requirements*
- Photographers may submit between 1-5 images, all images do not need to be submitted at the same time
- There is no cost to submit images
- Watermarked photographs will not be considered
- All submissions must include the Photographer’s name and the title
- All entries must be submitted digitally through Google Drive, by sharing the files with MissionOaksGardens@gmail.com
*Photographers that wish to shoot with film cameras are welcome to do so but must digitize their images for submission to the specifications listed above.
The Muskingum County Library’s Emerging Technologies Department will offer classes on Nature Photography, Digital Editing, and Google Drive.
Voting and Selection Process:
Mission Oaks Gardens will select Five Judges composed of representatives from the Muskingum County Library System, Mission Oaks Gardens, and local professional photographers. These judges select the top 24 entries from all submitted photographs. Each of the 24 finalists will have their photographs printed and displayed at the John McIntire Library during October and auctioned off during a special fundraising event at the Library on Friday, October 6 from 5:30-6:30p. The top 12 Photographs chosen by community vote at the October 6 event will be included in the 2017 Mission Oaks Calendar.
Bookings are closed for this event.