3D Printing Service
3D printing allows for quick prototyping compared to traditional manufacturing processes however it does still take a good bit of time to print each project.
This small hollow vase, shown next to a battery for size comparison, took about 1.5 hours to print.
- Find, edit, or create a project (Learn More).
- Save project as an .STL type of file (Maximum file size is 10 MB).
- Project file must be submitted using this Google Form. Note: In order to upload your file, you will need a free Gmail account.
- Project will be evaluated by library staff.
- Library staff will notify you when the item is ready for pick-up. The project must be picked up within 2 weeks of completion. Projects that are not picked up within 2 weeks become property of the Muskingum County Library System.
The Muskingum County Library System provides 3D printing services to the public for creative, educational, and practical purposes.
The 3D printing service is available to anyone 18 years or older with a Muskingum County Library card in good standing. Minors must submit projects through a parent or guardian. All physical interaction with and configuration of the 3D printers will be performed by Muskingum County Library System staff.
The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D printing request for reasons including but not limited to:
- Any item that is unsafe, harmful or prohibited by law
- Any item that is inappropriate for the library environment
- Any item that violates the intellectual property rights of an individual or corporation
The Muskingum County Library System will maintain the confidentiality of patron’s printing history however the prints themselves may occur within public view, and MCLS makes no guarantee that any particular print will not be seen by members of the public.
- One printout per patron, per month.
- Printouts must fit within the dimensions of the print bed for our printers: 100mm x 100mm x 100mm (roughly a 4 inch cube)
- The maximum estimated print time per project is 8 hours as determined by the slicing software.
- Multiple objects can be combined into a single project as long as all objects fit on the print bed and the estimated print time stays within the 8 hour limit.
- Maximum file size is 10 MB.
- Printouts can only be a single color and color selection is limited to blue, white or yellow.
Phone A Friend
We have Emerging Technology Assistants available to answer any questions about the 3D Printing Service.
- Call: 740-453-0391, x150
- Email: TechHelp@muskingumlibrary.org
- Or use the following form: